DETAILS FOR THE METHYLATION TEST
By adding dietary supplements early, based on your MethylDetox Profile, many chronic medical conditions can be addressed. The MethylDetox Profile is a Methylation Test on critical genes in the methylation pathway. The methylation pathway is the major part of detoxification and the metabolic cycle. Based on your genetics, this Methylation Test enables you to address many important chronic medical conditions by using nutrition and nutrient supplementation.
Basic Methylation Test- $299 includes:
Advanced Methylation Test - $359 includes:
We also have a MTHFR Gene Test Only.
A full MethylDetox Profile includes several types of methylation tests to provide you and your Doctor a larger amount of information than previously available tests. The six areas tested are:
- MTHFR - This methylation tests for mutations in the MTHFR gene. Mutations in this gene can affect folate metabolism which is implicated in a wide variety of diseases.
- MTR - This test checks for the enzyme methionine synthase (MS). Mutations in this gene have a significant effect on homocysteine metabolism which is tied to an increased risk of many cardiovascular diseases, neurological and metabolic conditions, and certain cancers.
- MTRR - This test checks your methionine synthase reductase (MSR). MSR is necessary for the proper functionality of your MS. If your MSR is not functioning correctly this can lead to an increase in the risks of developing many cancers, Parkinson’s disease, depression, hypertension, and other conditions.
- COMT - COMT is a vital gene involved in methylation and if it mutates plays a role in many disorders such as estrogen-induced cancers, Parkinson’s disease, depression, hypertension, neurological problems, and maintaining a proper balance in your neurotransmitters.
- AHCY - Is vital to maintain optimal methylation potential. Mutations in this gene are tied with severe myopathies, developmental delays, and hypermethioninemia.
- Homocysteine - Elevated homocysteine levels are documented risk factors for many chronic diseases especially cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and many neurodegenerative disorders.
With recent advances in genetic mapping both doctors and patients are increasingly benefiting from a deeper understanding of their patients underlying genetic conditions. Studies have shown that more than half of people have genetic mutations in the methylation pathway. When your body has a mutation in the methylation pathway your normal detoxification and metabolic cycle can be impaired. The impairment caused by these mutations can be a significant factor in many chronic diseases or conditions as your body is not able to properly detoxify itself, or may have a chronic deficiency of certain vital compounds.
By addressing these deficiencies through nutritional supplements and dietary changes many chronic conditions can be effectively treated, and if caught early enough potentially avoided entirely. This is where a comprehensive Methylation test and Detoxification test comes in. A full MethylDetox Profile is a comprehensive Methylation Test which will give you and your Doctor much more information about mutations with your body's unique genetic profile in regards to methylation and detoxification. Include in this profile are Smart Commentaries that provide detailed recommendations on specific nutrients you should incorporate into your diet.
Common Conditions related to Methylation Pathway Problems
By adding dietary supplements early based on your Methylation test, many chronic medical conditions can be addressed. The most common conditions associated with deficiencies in the methylation pathways are:
Cardiovascular Diseases - By addressing nutritional deficiencies and ensuring proper detoxification you can lower your risk of cardiovascular problems such as Hypertension, coronary artery disease, and stroke.
Neurological Disorders - Studies have shown that many neurological disorders such as depression, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines, and insomnia can be related to problems with your methylation pathway. Proper supplements can help to combat the potential underlying genetic cause of these symptoms.
Metabolic Conditions - Problems with your methylation pathway can cause a wide range of metabolic problems such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, kidney diseases, reduced ability to metabolize medications, and multiple chemical sensitivity. By correctly identifying underlying problems in your methylation pathway you and your Doctor can better address these conditions as well as better tailor an existing treatment program to meet your individual needs.
Musculoskeletal Disorders - Genetic problems in the methylation pathway have been shown to be a contributing factor in Osteoporosis. If left undiagnosed traditional supplements to combat osteoporosis may not be as effective as a treatment regimen that addresses the deficiencies in your methylation pathways.
Eye Diseases - Genetic deficiencies due to mutations in the methylation pathway have been shown to contribute to macular degeneration. By addressing potential degeneration early the long term effects may be prevented, reduced, or eliminated.
Cancer - Methylation pathway mutations have been linked to many cancers including colorectal and breast cancer. A MethylDetox Profile is a Methylation test, if performed early, which can allow you to target deficiencies your body will struggle to overcome. By tailoring your supplemental intake to your body's individual needs long term you may lower your chances of having to combat many types of cancer later in life.